Maciejowka model 4
- Cap style: Fiddler / Maciejówka
- Details: leather visor 5cm len., decorative buttons
- Lining: viscose
- Sweatband: leather
- Fabric: woolen cloth
Traditional Maciejowka cap with essentially mid-east European origin. Cap is made oh high quality, warm wool. Its visor and decorative strap are made of genuine leather. The inner lining is made of breathable viscose and the sweatband is made of natural leather. The leather strap is attached to the crown with 2 decorative buttons.
It came to Poland in XIXth century from today's Germany. At first it was considered as peasants' headwear, then it became very popular when Pilsudski's Legions chose Maciejówka hat as a standard uniform headwear. In mid-war period and after II World War Maciejowka cap was worn by former Legions veterans and patriotic members of society as a tribute to Legions and their Independence deed.
Although Maciejowka is essentially a Polish cap, strictly bound to Polish history and its dramatic moments, there are also some similiar patterns throughout the world (its name is just different). This model of cap is also known as fiddler cap or greek style fisherman's cap.
In our offer you can also find replicas of Pilsudski's Polish Legions Caps. This fiddler cap is available in big xxl and xxxl sizes. Precise handmade craftsmanship from Sterkowski family-run manufacture.
Ready to ship in 2 buisness days
Products from the category "Mask" can not be returned or exchanged for hygienic reasons.
The most frequent reason to exchange a hat is its incorrect size. Therefore before buying, please read our guide: "How to measure your head size"
1. Send us back the product that you bought within 30 days from receiving the parcel, in its perfect state, with all the labels.
2. Add a note inside the returned box with all the necessary information: which size and model do you want to receive, your order number / surname.
3. Please protect properly your product in a package. In this case, you will be responsible for covering the return shipping fee. Keep the tracking number of parcel. You can also add a paper belt / string with marked your head size it will help us to find a proper hat for you.
4. Within 14 days from receiving your parcel, we will start the process of exchange. If we will need any other information from you we will contact you.
5. If you exchange your headgear for another model, for example for the more expensive one, then you will have to cover the price difference. If you exchange your headgear to a cheaper model we will reimburse you the price difference.
6. We will ship your new size by the cheapest shipping option.
1. According to existing valid regulations, within 30 calendar days from the product's delivery date, you have the right to return it without giving any reasons and withdraw from the contract.
2. Send us back the product that you purchased in its original state, not damaged and not worn, with all the labels. Please protect properly your product in a package. In this case, you will be responsible for covering the return shipping fee.
3. Add a note inside the returned box with all the necessary information: your order number / surname and that it is a return for a refund. Keep the tracking number of parcel.
4. Within 14 days from receiving your parcel, we will check the state of the product (if it hasn't been worn or damaged).
5. If there won't be any impediments, we will refund your money. If your return request will be denied (because of the product's damage or traces of use), we will let you know by email.
Kompania Handlowa im. Piotra Piano
ul. Margerytki 12
Excellent materials and craftmanship!
Very, very pleased with the product - excellent materials - from the lining to the bill. Outstanding craftsmanship - a quality product all the way. As a measure of how it looks - the first day I wore it I received comments about how good it looked - and what a great cap it was - from the very first people I met and that continued all day. I am very happy with this purchase. HIGHLY RECOMMENED.
From Poland with Love
What an outrageously handsome cap! It is everything and more than what the picture of it represents. The quality of the materials: the brown leather is beautiful and the grey color and quality of the wool is perfect. The workmanship is fantastic. I was unaware of the history of this type of cap but was extremely drawn to its style. Kudos to Sterkowski!