Maciejowka Model 2 - WOOL
- Cap style: Fiddler / Maciejowka
- Details: belt, decorative buttons, shape memory visor 4.5cm len., crown's diameter ca. 23cm
- Lining: viscose
- Sweatband: leather
- Fabric: woolen cloth
Traditional Maciejowka cap with essentially mid-east European origin. Cap is made of skin friendly materials: wool, lining is made of viscose to keep good breathability, sweatband is made of natural leather. It also a decorative belt and 2 decorative buttons.
It came to Poland in XIXth century from today's Germany. At first it was considered as peasants headwear, then it became very popular when Pilsudski's Legions chose Maciejowka hat as a standard uniform headwear.
In mid-war period and after II World War Maciejowka cap was worn by former Legions veterans and patriotic members of society as a tribute to Legions and their Independence deed.
Although Maciejowka is essentially a Polish cap, strictly bound to Polish history and its dramatic moments, there are also some similiar patterns throughout the world (its name is just different). This model of cap is also known as fiddler cap or greek style fisherman's cap.
In our offer you can also find replicas of Pilsudski's Polish Legions Caps. Available in big xxl and xxxl sizes. Precise handmade craftsmanship from Sterkowski family-run manufacture.
How to choose the right size of a cap?
If you are a fan of headwear, including various types of caps, the upcoming season will be your time - not only retro/vintage models are coming back to favour but also old-school ones, such as the Bucket Hats, which are popular among American rappers. A wide choice can be troublesome, especially for undecided people
The maciejowka cap is an elegant accessory to a Parisian-style outfit
The maciejówka cap has a very long and rich history. However, to this day it is still uncertain where its name comes from. Nowadays, in its modern version, it is an elegant and interesting accessory to women's Parisian style. What are the origins of the cap and how to wear it to look fashionable?
Products from the category "Mask" can not be returned for hygienic reasons.
1. According to existing valid regulations, within 30 calendar days from the product's delivery date, you have the right to return it without giving any reasons and withdraw from the contract.
2. Send us back the product that you purchased in its original state, not damaged and not worn, with all the labels. Please protect properly your product in a package. In this case, you will be responsible for covering the return shipping fee.
3. Add a note inside the returned box with all the necessary information: your order number / surname and that it is a return for a refund. Keep the tracking number of parcel.
4. Within 14 days from receiving your parcel, we will check the state of the product (if it hasn't been worn or damaged).
5. If there won't be any impediments, we will refund your money. If your return request will be denied (because of the product's damage or traces of use), we will let you know by email.
Kompania Handlowa im. Piotra Piano Global Sp. z o.o.
ul. Margerytki 12
Absolutely thrilled with this hat. Looked very special when it arrived as was carefully wrapped and packaged.
Workmanship is superb and the size is a perfect fit thanks to following the very useful size guide on the website.
I will have a lot of wear out of this beautiful hat, in the New Zealand the other side of the world.
I received my Macejowka recently in Canada, and I am really impressed with the quality of the hat. It is very nicely made, I highly recommend it!