Legion Maciejowka Replica - WOOL
- Cap style: Maciejówka (Polish Legions' replica)
- Details: riflemen's eagle (detachable) and buttons with eagle - Poland's national symbol, visor 5cm len.
- Lining: cotton
- Sweatband: cotton
- Fabric: high quality 100% wool ambassador / leather
Traditional cap with essentially mid-east European origin. A supple high quality 100% wool (ambassador type) along with a cotton lining offer an exquisite wearing comfort. Legions' emblem is easy to detach (with no harm to the headgear), therefore it can be also a perfect civil cap and a good choice for everyday use. Cap is warm, breathable and has 2 buttons with eagle - Poland's national symbol. Crown is made of 100% soft and gentle wool, and visor is made of genuine leather.
It came to Poland in XIXth century from today's Germany. At first it was considered as peasants headwear, then it became very popular when Pilsudski's Legions chose Maciejowka hat as a standard uniform headwear. In mid-war period and after II World War Maciejowka cap was worn by former Legions veterans and patriotic members of society as a tribute to Legions and their Independence deed.
Although Maciejowka is essentially a Polish cap, strictly bound to Polish history and its dramatic moments, there are also some similiar patterns throughout the world (its name is just different). This model of cap is also known as fiddler's cap, greek style fisherman's cap or breton caps.
Available in big xxl and xxxl sizes. Good old world craftsmanship from Poland.
The maciejówka cap has a very long and rich history. However, to this day it is still uncertain where its name comes from. Nowadays, in its modern version, it is an elegant and interesting accessory to women's Parisian style. What are the origins of the cap and how to wear it to look fashionable?
More and more Poles are getting involved in historical reconstructions. There is an increasing number of knightly associations whose members are interested in the Middle Ages, as well as groups working on recreating battle scenes from the First and Second World Wars.
Products from the category "Mask" can not be returned for hygienic reasons.
1. According to existing valid regulations, within 30 calendar days from the product's delivery date, you have the right to return it without giving any reasons and withdraw from the contract.
2. Send us back the product that you purchased in its original state, not damaged and not worn, with all the labels. Please protect properly your product in a package. In this case, you will be responsible for covering the return shipping fee.
3. Add a note inside the returned box with all the necessary information: your order number / surname and that it is a return for a refund. Keep the tracking number of parcel.
4. Within 14 days from receiving your parcel, we will check the state of the product (if it hasn't been worn or damaged).
5. If there won't be any impediments, we will refund your money. If your return request will be denied (because of the product's damage or traces of use), we will let you know by email.
Kompania Handlowa im. Piotra Piano Global Sp. z o.o.
ul. Margerytki 12
I am thoroughly satisfied with my cap. Outstanding materials and workmanship, perfectly sized, and excellent appearance. Shipping was also speedy and secure (to the U.S.A.). Both the cap and the store have my highest recommendation.
This is a very pleasing piece of headware. It has a substantial feel to it, solidly constructed from very high quality material. The workmanship is exceptional and very finely detailed. Sizing is accurate and it fits perfectly. This is a highly commended item.
Brown leather Maciejowka
I received my hat today ----- and I,m blown away by the quality of this hat.
I have a few Sterkowski hats ---- this is their masterpiece.
All products by this superb company are ------- like Tina Turner said ------ simply the best !!!
Steve ----- from Wolverhampton.